Saturday, March 28, 2015

Review: Four Nights With The Duke (Desperate Duchesses #8) by Eloisa James


Sensuous, romantic and funny.
Title: Four Nights With The Duke
Series: Desperate Duchesses
Author: Eloisa James
Publisher: Piatkus Books, UK
My ratings: 5 out of 5 stars
Releases: 31st March, 2015
W hen Four Nights With The Duke fell into my lap, I could not have been more excited. Historical Romance is my guilty pleasure and it never fails to entertain me. In addition, Eloisa James is a fantastic author whose writing I’ve always enjoyed. Needless to say, I couldn’t start reading this bad boy quickly enough.

So we have our heroine Emelia who is ready to blackmail the Duke of Pindar into marrying her in order to save her orphaned nephew. Evander thinks that she is acting under her affections for him declared when they were teenagers. So he agrees under the condition that he will spend only 4 nights with her and only when she begs it off him.

With a premise like this how could I not love Four Nights with The Duke? Emelia was an author and her perspective of event were coloured by the writing side of her personality. It was hilarious how she interpreted real life events and modified them to write her stories. Vander on the other hands starts of as your quintessential romance novel duke,. Basically he is dark, broody, rough around the edges and utterly swoon worthy. However as the story moves on he turns out to be much more. As he falls passionately in love with Mia, we get to see how his view on Mia keeps changing.

Futhermore I loved the narration which was filled with humour, reminiscent of Julia Quinn. The ending was quite emotional and I’m glad Mia stood up for self.

Overall, For Night With The Duke was sensuous, funny, romantic and heart-warming tale. With its adorable main characters and solid set of side charterers, Four Night With The Duke is a winner for sure.

Review copy provided by Piatkus Books  

Releases 31st March, 2015 in the UK

 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?
I love comments on my blog. Leave a comment and I'd do my best to reply as quickly as possible.

 

Escapism Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting